Monday, May 25, 2009

Vultures are not always birds...

Frontyard
I am proud of the work done to the house. But, today I heard something that made me ashamed, embarrassed and all to aware of the neighborhood and the vultures that live nearby.

TopFrontYrd09
In all the years that I worked, the fun I had designing, planting, weeding, torn pants and broken sweat on the front yard landscape. It was after placing the for sale sign encouraged the vultures to appear. One wanted to know if they could take the rocks...they had no idea of the weight and I steamed long distance. Perhaps now the rock will find feet and disappear. I find that so funny...just try to use a shovel on them...it's no joke...you need a bobcat and chain to wrap around the boulders placed and the heart and joy the planning and placement in my yard of these beauties. I cannot believe this...my rocks, boulders have brought such joy to me. Apparently it seamed neighbors gained courage to want to take these...where were they all these years...amazing! Not a neighbor ever made any comment to my face about my yard, my sweat as they walked, drove by our house. So, why do they now?
I am reminded that after all...they are human so I won't make the mistake again and insult the reputation of my dear friends and birds...the vultures by naming the neighbors vultures, shame on me.
Creek