Thursday, February 14, 2008

You got something to say?

twiggymask

We all have a voice but do we really say what we want to? Our lives are filled with such confusing messages and I don't find most very amusing. Perhaps I find too much at fault with advertising messages to be downgrading of human intelligence or just bad advertising. Politics reflect our soap box drama lives and discussions in our workplace have uttered dismay over the current leader at the time. Come to find out yesterday there is a current of voice that is demanding to have three leaders instead of one, interesting?

Children always seem to voice something with assorted wants and desires. I reflect my memories of when they grew up and I juggled as best as one does in the role of a parent going thru my own soap box life and the mistakes I have made:

Do we compliment our children enough to boost the young growing self images they see in the mirrors? Is it enough so to overcome and destroy the images that media presents with pharmacy needs to sell on T.V. for sleeping aids, depression and guilt that seem to be present more today?

Today is Valentines day and for the first time that I can remember I haven't bought candy for anyone and find my feelings for others is ....blah. Why? I don't know why. I haven't stopped caring, it's because I am not open to let the feelings enter. I'm just starting to shut doors into me because I don't want to let others see when I am hurt, it's not all about them. Next time I see someone talk about PMS or Pro Age problems I feel the need to grab them by their chicken neck and squeeze them till the eyes pop! I was thinking of turning my thoughts around right now and just take one of my orchids into work to share my feelings about Valentines that way. But something stops me from wanting to do this. If I don't follow thru with this action, am I holding back from feeling good myself for doing this act of kindness? Maybe I just don't want to care anymore about anyone else at the moment. Am I starting to focus on myself and just feeling good, for myself good, and I am sure it is about myself that I am at odds with right now. Disappointment has a way of running it's course in my bloodstream occasionally and perhaps far to frequently. Humble is a practice I'm not sure I understand how to do and I feel the need to do this right now.

Humble is the woman content in all that she has sowed. I give you a kiss and hug on this Valentines day with no expectations but tenderness of heart.

Live for love as it is a gift that humbles.
Photobucket